This Chicken Fajita Salad captures all the taste of fajitas without the worry of the corn or flour tortillas! Awesome for Paleo ‘Tex-Mex’ on The Myers Way or any grain-free diet.
Chicken Fajita Salad
Brianne Williams, RD, LD
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 Portobello mushroom, sliced thinly
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 avocado, sliced
Heat olive oil in medium-sized pan. Add yellow squash, zucchini, carrot, mushroom and onion to pan. Sauté until soft and mix in spices and lemon juice.
In a separate pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic. When garlic is slightly brown add chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes then flip and cook fully through. Slice to desired size.
Top spinach with veggies, sliced chicken and sliced avocado.
-Eliminate mushrooms to enjoy on The Myers Way Candida Protocol.
- Can substitute chicken for beef or fish.